Public API reference
develop your own app and interact with us
The Twitxr Application Programming Interface (API) has been created to let users and partners develop applications which can interact with Twitxr. The API returns Twitxr data in a form that can be easily integrated into any application or web site.
The API is available to everyone free of charge, please don't abuse.
Info for new developers
All developers should join the Twitxer API discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/twitxr-api-developers
In this group we're going to give support and help to answer developers' questions on the Twitxr API.
The requests are done like this:
- The authentication is provided by HTTP 1.1 Basic Auth
- All methods requires a GET HTTP call except the postUpdate method wich requires POST
- This API is still under development, so the methods can change without notice. Visit this page for up to date info
- All passwords must be sent to the server encrypted with the MD5 algorithm
- Please wait at least one second between queries. There isn't any restriction yet, but we'll take measures in case of abuse (like banning you or adding a license key for developers).
Response outputThe API responses are in XML format. The methods reference below have full outputs example. However, error responses are the same for all methods:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <result code="error"> <error>Invalid credentials</error> </result>
Other ways to interact with us
- RSS feeds: Most pages have a RSS feed link at the bottom. With RSS feeds you can subscribe to your favourite twitxr pages with your RSS reader
Please write to Twitxr API discussion group for problems, suggestions and whatever you want in relation (or not) with the Twitxr Public API